Wednesday, December 28, 2011

This is The Thing, and It's clobberin' time!

I mean THE Thing! One great action figure from Marvel Select with a rock-solid 8+" sculpt atop the Fantastic Four base.

The Thing Action FigureIt's a great figure, but I feel a personal connection to this one too. I'm sure everyone has funny or odd things they remember about comic heroes, and this is one of mine.  As a child, he was the superhero most like my dad - and what kid doesn't envision her daddy as a superhero? Dad's a huge, muscular man (check), friendly blue eyes (check), and to top it off...they're both named Ben. So in my childhood mind, it was quite possible that my dad was living a secret life as The Thing!

So check out this figure, it's a really great one. And even if your dad isn't at all like The Thing, he's still a great character!

No comments: