Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bebs Reviews: Halo Mega Bloks Battle Unit II #96915

Hey y'all! I posted this on the Spartan Bloks forums, but I wanted to share it with everyone here too!

This is my first review, so please bear with me! Suggestions are always welcome. I'm also trying to take decent pictures, so this is my first experiment with the macro setting on my camera and a cheap DIY lightbox I built. If it's terrible, let's just agree to blame the lightbox.

I picked up this Halo Wars Mega Bloks Battle Unit II #96915 set specifically to try my hand at customizing minifigures and weapons. It is perfect for grabbing a good selection for projects or for expanding your forces. This one box gave me 8 figures and 8 weapons - all in all, I think it's a great deal for so many.

[caption id="attachment_1308" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="The Package"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1309" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="The contents"][/caption]











It's a nice set, though the Flame Marine is my clear favorite and I'm a little worried about customizing him. I might just leave him alone.

One thing that didn't come through in photos is the color of the Covenant Elites. I've got a close-up shot showing the copper color. It is like a subtle glitter embedded in the plastic. Not super-shiny at all, but gives a subtle, overall slightly metallic look.



In summary, you get:
* One Orange UNSC Spartan II
* One Blue UNSC Spartan II
* One Blue Flame Marine
* One Orange Marine
* Two Copper Elites
* Two Grunts
* 8 weapons

For the price, it's a lot of good figures to help fill out an army or provide relatively inexpensive subjects for customization.

*Note: the Energy Sword is not from this set. That's a plasma blade from Brickarms.

 

1 comment:

ugg boot clearance Delaware said...

I just want to tell you that I am just all new to blogging and definitely liked you’re website. Most likely I’m going to bookmark your site . You certainly have exceptional posts. Kudos for sharing with us your blog.