Monday, June 13, 2011

Blizzard + Mega Bloks!

I may not have mentioned it here, but I've played a lot of World of Warcraft over the years, and I mean a lot.

I could chat with you all day about PvP and some of my crazy all-nighters in Warsong Gulch, but let's talk about what's new today: World of Warcraft and StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty Mega Bloks! MEGA Brands announced today that they've entered into a licensing partnership with Blizzard Entertainment to release themed sets starting next summer.

World of Warcraft Mega Bloks

I can't wait to see what they come up with, and of course, we expect to have these for pre-order as soon as specific set information is available! In the meantime, I keep thinking of what I'd like to see in a set...

  • My dream set: I'd love one of the PvP arenas or Battlegrounds, plus mini figures to recreate some epic battles of the past.

  • How about the pirate ship from Booty Bay!

  • Gnomish contraptions of any sort would thrill me. Yes, I played a gnome. What about it?

  • And I can't stop thinking of great figures - favorite NPCs, mobs and animals would be awesome.


For the record, I also played StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. Briefly. Badly. I should try again though; I think I gave up too quickly when I fell behind my friend in the learning curve. But I can imagine some amazing things to build from that game as well, like you build them in the game! But I have to wonder, just how many zerglings can they fit in a set? Because I'll need a lot of them!

No comments: