Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Yu-Gi-Oh! Breaks World Record!

KONAMI announced today that it broke it's own record in the Guiness Book of World Records, with over 25 billion  Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards sold as of March 31, 2011. (25,175,567,833 if you want to be specific!)

I did a little math for you...and I'm bad at math, so if you want to fact-check me, go ahead! But calculating the size of a standard Yu-Gi-Oh! card gave me these fun numbers:

  • Laid end-to-end lengthwise, all the Yu-Gi-Oh! cards sold would circle the earth 54 times.

  • Spread out with no overlaps or spaces, they would cover over 49 square miles - enough to cover the state of Mississippi or Pennsylvania with cards left over!

  • Stacked in one giant monster deck, they'd reach 137,661,678.88 feet tall...the height of 4,744 Mount Everests atop one another!


To celebrate this fun event, we're cooking up a great new contest! Keep watching for information, or follow us on Twitter and Facebook to learn the details.

What else would this number of cards cover? Get out your calculators and check my math or let me know how you'd compare the size of Yu-Gi-Oh's total card sales!

No comments: