Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bebs' Customs! Any Bronies in the House?

We have so many avid collectors who shop at ToyWiz, you know we're bound to know a few people with amazing toy customization skills, right? Because seriously, some of the customs I've seen are incredible! Some do repaints, others go wild and even sculpt new parts entirely. The best of them are on par with artists, creating tiny masterpieces from mass-produced plastic. I am one of these artists.

Okay, not really. But I had a brilliant idea for a gift for a friend! It's a long story, but it all started with a pink My Little Pony that was left in the road near my house. For months that pony went up and down the street, fading in the sun, lying in the gutter, getting grimier by the day.  At some point, the city grass mowing service hit it, so after that, it became a MLP head - the body was lost to the mower I guess. But still I watched to see where traffic would take it day by day.

Let me tell you, that pony head lasted the entire summer! Months of abuse, and still she soldiered on. After awhile, it was a "thing," and every day I reported to one particular friend the condition and location of pony. Then one day, she was simply gone.

 

No comments: