Friday, July 8, 2011

Captain America + Harley Davidson

In just a couple of weeks, Captain America will roar into theaters on an amazing, custom Harley-Davidson® WLA motorcycle. What could be more definitively American than that? A hero in red, white and blue, riding one of the USA's most iconic machines to fight crime. I absolutely love this tie-in!
"Captain America makes the perfect marketing partner for Harley-Davidson as he truly embodies the iconic, heroic and American aspects of our brand," said Dino Bernacchi, Harley-Davidson's director of Marketing Communications. "Both Captain America and our motorcycles are great symbols of freedom."

True to history, about 90,000 of Harley-Davidson's "Liberator" motorcycles were sent overseas to support the troops in World War II.

All in all, I cannot wait to see this movie! The more we hear about the details, the more I want to see it! I'll be in line opening night...and then I will need a replica of this bike, at least in miniature. Though I think I'd seriously sell my car and take to the road for this! How about you?

*Disclaimer: I have never actually ridden a motorcycle, but I'd totally ride this one everywhere!

Harley-Davidson Press Release.

Captain America: The First Avenger Movie Merchandise.

No comments: