Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What Everyone Should Know about the Upcoming G.I. Joe Sequel

G.I. Joe 2: Cobra Strikes, is getting ready to begin filming in late summer (I hear), and surprise announcements have been coming one after another. I know some G.I. Joe fans are skeptical - reviews for Rise of Cobra were mixed, at best. And while it is far too soon to judge what this next effort will bring, this one has a new director and a great preliminary cast is already being assembled.

  • Ray Stevenson (Thor) as Firefly

  • Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) as Roadblock

  • Adrianne Palicki as Lady Jaye

  • D.J. Corona as Flint

  • Elodie Yung as Jinx

  • RZA as Blind Master

  • Lee Byung-hun (reprised) as Storm Shadow

  • Channing Tatum (reprised) as Duke

  • Ray Park (reprised) as Snake-Eyes


And while things in Hollywood can always change, this looks like a great lineup so far. Mostly I'm excited to see The Rock in there! I actually got to talk with him once several years ago, and he made a fan out of me. He was very friendly and down-to-earth, with a great sense of humor. Most though, he was really engaged with everyone around him. He made every person he talked to feel important, even us non-famous ones! But all personal preferences aside, I still think he has the perfect look and image to really work well with the G.I. Joe movie franchise.

What do you think of the cast so far? Anyone you'll be missing from the last movie, or suggestions for the current project?

No comments: