Thursday, June 18, 2009

NES Review #4: Back to the Future

"Where we're going...We don't need roads"
-Emmett "Doc" Brown

I'm not going to lie, I am a huge fan of the Back to the Future series of movies. I've written about it on the blog before, I talk about it all the time and I'm basically just a big ol' Back to the Future nerd.
The Back to the Future series spawned rides at amusement parks, tons of merchandise and of course, video games based on the movies.
All of that being said, the game was not one of the best. It was so loosely based on the film that you periodically had to check that you were actually playing Back to the Future. Even the famous DeLorean looked like some weird blue hovercraft.
The idea of the game is to navigate through streets and pick up loose clocks that are scattered around. Once you get through five levels, you can move on to games like throwing milkshakes at bullies and avoiding kisses from your mother.
You can even show off your sick guitar moves, and maybe even influence Chuck (or even Marvin) Berry in the process.
It's a shame that for such a great trilogy, the game based on the first installment was so subpar.
I feel that if there was a Back to the Future game for one of the newer generation systems, it would be very successful. I know I would buy it.

No comments: